Coast supports individuals identify, find, and keep work placements both paid (permitted earnings) and voluntary.
- The team’s allocated contact worker completes a six- week assessment (to get to know the person and prepare them for job finding)
- The contact worker helps the person find a suitable job of their choice
- The contact worker maintains regular contact with the person and their supporters throughout the placement
- The contact worker will help resolve any problems that may arise in respect to the job
- Permitted work arrangements ensure that individuals benefits are not affected, otherwise we arrange “better off in work calculations” with the Disability Employment Advisor at Jobcentre Plus
BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Developing life and job skills and independence, including independence in travel
- Being valued as an individual doing a job
- Being part of everyday working life within the local community
- Opportunities to progress with further work aspirations (paid or voluntary)
If you would like more information or to make a referral to this service please contact the COAST office on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01202 668513.